Raw Carrot Cake is one of my favourite recipes to date. - Big talk from me! I feel like sometimes that healthy/raw desserts can be very peanut butter based, chocolatey and always full of nuts, This is totally different, sweet and so decadent without being heavy. - It is also seriously moreish!
- 1 and half cup shredded carrots
- 1 and half cup tightly packed pitted dates
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup walnuts
- ¼ cup melted earthy nourishment cacao butter
- Half cup of coconut flour
- • 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
Cashew vanilla icing/frosting
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- Quarter cup tinned coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted earthy nourishment cacao butter
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
- Pistachios for topping (chopped and whole)
YOU MIGHT NEED TO MODIFY THE QUANTITIES OF SOME THINGS LIKE THE COCONUT MILK IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THE RIGHT CONSISTENCY FOR THE FROSTING... BUT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS AND THEN ADAPT IF NEEDED.
- To make the base, mix dates in a food processor until it forms a paste. Break up the paste into a few chunks to spread it evenly throughout the food processor.
- Add the walnuts, carrots, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, coconut flour, coconut oil and coconut flakes together to the food processor with the date paste and combine until mixed together.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper vertical and horizontal so you can pull up the cake easily once set. Place the base mixture in the loaf pan and place in the freezer while you make the icing.
- To the food processor, add soaked cashew, coconut milk, maple syrup, almond extract and coconut oil. Blend until a silky smooth icing forms.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer and using a spatula spread the icing over the base covering all the corners and edges.
- Sprinkle with walnut pieces and gently push into the icing with your finger to secure. Place the loaf pan back in the freezer, 4 hours minimum (overnight is best).
Keep the raw carrot cake bites in a container in the freezer.
These will last up to 3 months, but I would love to find anyone that manages to keep them In there for that long ....